The Endless Knot

Life, Buddhism, and Me

13 September 2006

New Beginnings

Life is a grand journey. I'm sure some poet somewhere has written something about it’s twists and turns, unexpected plummets over Niagra-sized falls, and even those all-to-rare, languid stretches of peaceful waters. Lately I feel as if I’ve been tossed by rapids smashing over hidden boulders, and now, though the flow is calmer, I feel bruised and exhausted. My old blog is long gone, and it's time to start a new one. Unlike the old one, this one is going to be a free-for-all, unfocused. But, I’m sure it will be mostly about my discovery of Buddhism. This discovery has come at a trying time in my life, and I’m filled with the hope for a kind of peace that I’ve never had in my life. Except maybe for some moments as a child. So, to get started, I'm going to post some pictures from my life in Second Life. I was fortunate to win a parcel in Burning Life, and there I built a stupa. I’m pleased that it has been well received. I'm excited that so many people have visited, and almost all have used the same word to describe it — peaceful. So here are the pictures:

Labels: ,

lotus dingbat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006 Simon Nolan


The End